Made from the patented TEC™ process, MiraTEC® Treated Exterior Composite trim combines the eye-catching beauty of cedar with the long-lasting performance of an engineered product. Because it is not hardboard, MiraTEC trim will not delaminate, is moisture, rot and termite resistant, and is backed by a 50-year limited warranty.
MiraTEC Treated Exterior Composite Trim is the first and only wood composite trim to earn an evaluation report from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES). To view ESR-3043, visit the ICC website at: http://www.icc-es.org/reports/pdf_files/ICC-ES/ESR-3043.pdf
Competitive and long term performance testing shows MiraTEC resists moisture, rot and termites and outperforms the competition. Moisture resistant: As measured by ASTM D1037 for water absorption and thickness swelling. Rot resistant: Tested per AWPA E16 Field Test for Evaluation of Wood Preservatives to be Used Out of Group Contact: Horizontal Lap-Joint Method. Termite resistant: As measured by AWPA E7 Standard Method of Evaluating Wood Preservatives by Field Tests with Stakes.
Since 1999, MiraTEC has been proudly made in Towanda, Pennsylvania. MiraTEC trim is produced on one manufacturing line using the patented and proprietary TEC manufacturing process. Covered by U.S. Patents 5,677,369; 5,980,798; 5,993,709 and 6,030,562. This sealed press, steam-injected process was created specifically to make trim.
Sustainable wood fiber, wax, phenolic resins – for moisture resistance, zinc borate – an EPA-registered biocide, and other proprietary ingredients are combined in to create a trim board that’s one solid piece. MiraTEC trim is uniformly thick and dense, with no voids or knots. Any way you use it, MiraTEC trim provides maximum yield, eliminates waste, and offers a plentiful product supply and stable pricing.
MiraTEC most closely replicates the authentic grain of wood, thanks to substantial research and investment in the product line. See the difference here. By combining beauty with the best in technology and performance, MiraTEC trim helps you achieve a distinctive look for the long term.
MiraTEC trim provides the perfect accent to any exterior cladding – cement fiber, vinyl, brick, OSB, hardboard, wood or stucco. You have the option of a smooth side and a textured side for maximum versatility. It’s factory primed with a mildew-resistant primer on four sides for easy painting. MiraTEC trim presents wonderful possibilities for dentil trim, gables, corner posts, porch trim, fascias, windows, doors, column wraps, decorative trim and other non-structural architectural elements. View the gallery here.
FEATURES AND BENEFITSsee more
- Resists moisture, rot and termites.
- Reversible: clear cedar wood grain texture on one side, smooth on the other.
- Easy to handle, machine, cut and nail.
- Won’t check, split or crack.
- Cuts consistently due to uniform product density.
- Factory-primed on four sides with a low VOC primer containing a mildewcide.
- Available in 5/8″, 4/4 and 5/4 thicknesses, 16′ lengths and in widths of 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 16″ and 2″ MiraTEC batten.
- Class C Fire Rating: Flame Spread 120; Smoke developed 90.
- Backed by an industry-best 50-year limited warranty.
- Green: made from sustainable materials, certified to contain no added urea formaldehyde and primed with a low VOC primer containing a mildewcide.
- First and only wood composite trim to earn an evaluation report (ESR-3043) from ICC-ES; it performs to a standard hardboard and OSB can’t.